VETOQUINOL’S HISTORY, FROM PAST TO PRESENT
Vetoquinol has been building its history for over 85 years, since the founding pharmacist’s dispensary to the company’s direct presence in 24 countries, serving veterinarians around the world.
Vetoquinol, a great history
It all started in 1933 in a pharmacy in the town of Lure, in north-eastern France.
Joseph Frechin introduced human pharmaceutical specialty manufacturing in his dispensary, under the name Laboratoires biochimiques de l’Est. Demonstrating his entrepreneurial intuition, he used the antiseptic properties of oxyquinoline to treat animals.
Called Vetoquinol, this remedy quickly became a success and Joseph Frechin added a veterinary service to his company. By 1970, to the tremendous satisfaction of veterinarians, over 250 products were available.
Vetoquinol, an international dimension
Since then, Vetoquinol has continued to develop and provide innovative medicines and solutions to its customers. Vetoquinol established its first subsidiaries in the Netherlands, Ireland and Belgium.
The company’s entry on the Stock Exchange in 2006 served to enhance its international reputation, which had become highly valued.
Today, with 100 distributors and a direct presence in 24 countries, in Europe, North and South America and in Asia/Pacific, employing 2,500 people, we have built an international network, allowing for close relationships with our customers around the world.